I am currently in-network with the following insurance companies:
Blue Cross Blue Shield/Health Advantage
Medicare Part B
Private pay is also accepted
Sessions are available in person or via telehealth. It is recommended that you call your insurance company prior to your appointment and verify your coverage. You can verify by asking the following questions:
- Is nutrition counseling, also called medical nutrition therapy, covered? (the procedure codes are 97802 and 97803)
- Are there any restricted diagnoses? (ask specifically about the diagnosis code Z71.3 and if it is covered as preventative)
- Do I need a referral or prior authorization for procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
- Are telehealth / virtual visits covered for procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
- How many visits are covered?
- Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays?
- Will I have a copay or coinsurance?
- Is Rachel Doan RD (NPI# 1043882665) covered under my plan? If not, what are my out of network nutrition benefits?
- Write down the date and reference number for your call, and name of person you spoke with.